03 January 2006

My mind is peanut butter...

...and though it takes me a while to grasp some subjects, and especially to convince me of certain aspects, sometimes I stumble across an eye-opening, paradigm-shifting statement which throws me for a loop, and I return to my feet (as would a mad hornet return to flight) in an effort to evaluate exactly what it was which so nearly blindsided me. I confess, this may be in some part due to my upbringing in a public school setting. At least that's the object to which I attribute it. And it appears to be that of a gentleman by the name of Kieran Egan, as well. In this case, he has made a whole host of statements which will cause you to re-examine where we've come from (in recent years, post 19th century) and the direction in which we are headed.
  • Getting it wrong from the beginning: The mismatch between school and children's minds
  • Whilst I do not condone this individual's philosophical leanings, I do believe he makes several salient points, which ought to be discussed further. What do you think?

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    I will reply on my blog.

    06 January, 2006 09:55  

    Post a Comment

    << Home